Best Chesapeake Bay Fishing Charters
Welcome to Backdraft Charter Fishing, one of the best Chesapeake Bay fishing chaters in Deale , MD. We provide fun memorable charter fishing and sunset cruising experiences for our DC, Maryland, Virginia area customers looking to enjoy the Chesapeake Bay.
Backdraft offers chesapeake bay fishing trips and evening sunset cruises to St Michael’s, Annapolis, the Bay Bridge, and more.
Our fishing charters routinely catch your limit of in-season fish including: rockfish, bluefish, black drum, spanish mackerel, croacker, spot, and white perch. See what you can catch and when on the chesapeake bay fishing seasons.
Come experience sportfishing with the Backdraft family! The Backdraft is a roomy 46′ x 15′ built fiberglass charter boat USCG certified for up to 35 passengers along with two Crew (Captain’s Charlie & Doug). We provide all equipment for a stress and hassle free experience. Kids welcome!
NEW, Start Here
Our full day trips depart in the morning and our half day trips depart in the morning or afternoon depending on booking. Your one group (family, friends, office, team, etc) charters the whole boat. Contact us to select a date and pay the deposit to reserve. On the date of your trip arrive 30-60 minutes before scheduled departure and get ready to have a blast!
- All fishing licenses and insurance
- All rods, reels, bait, and tackle
- Coolers & ice for 🐟 you catch
- Fun and excitement
- Food (subs, sandwiches, etc are great – in your own cooler)
- Beverages of your choice in a cooler (don’t forget water, dehydration is real! — please drink responsibly)
- Non-slip shoes (deck can be wet)
- Rain jacket (better safe than sorry if there is rain in the forecast)
- Sweatshirt or jacket (it can be chilly on water at speed)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, lucky fishing hat
- Cooler to transport your catch of fish home (leave in car)
- Bragging rights for the biggest fish caught in your group
Trophy Season: 3rd Saturday of April – May 15th
Regular Season: May 16th – December 15th
Late May – Early June
SPOT, WHITE PERCH
Mid June – Early October
SPANISH MACKEREL & BLUEFISH
Late July – Late September to Early October